Here’s a couple news items and notes to get you up to speed as you head into the weekend…
- 112 Printworks, which he opened in Fremont in May, features screen prints from various artists.
- Ballard Seafood Fest takes over downtown Ballard both Saturday and Sunday, with tons of live music, vendor booths, food, children’s activities, and, of course, the much-loved lutefisk eating contest.
- Hey, remember that whole “pay your parking tickets or your car will get booted” thing? Well, it’s started.
- The “missing link” of the Burke-Gilman Trail in Ballard is moving closer to being built.
- Northwest International Student Exchange (NWISE), a group that aims to promote international understanding and goodwill, is looking for host families to house teenagers from the Szechuan Provence of China.
- Wednesday is now Zebigo Wednesday for anyone looking for a ride.
You may remember reading about the incident following the Solstice Parade involving a man barricaded in his house and a SWAT team. Here’s some video of the ordeal.