Some news and items of interest for Fremonsters…
- The City of Seattle’s North Recycling and Disposal Station in the Fremont/Wallingford area and the South Recycling and Disposal Station in the South Park area will be open on Monday, Feb. 21, during their regular business hours: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- King County Metro Transit reminds bus riders that it will be operating a reduced-weekday schedule on Monday, Feb. 21 in observance of the Presidents Day holiday.
- It’s not just indie booksellers like Fremont Place Book that are having trouble, even the big boys like Borders are having tough times.
- A woman and daughter were struck by a car earlier this week at 46th and Phinney.
- The Book Bindery, whose chef is up for a Food & Wine honor, has the potential to be a pacesetter in local cuisine.
- Tuesday, February 22, 2011 is National Spay Day. PAWS will offer low-cost spay and neuter surgeries at participating shelters and locations.
- You’ve only got a few hours left for this deal…spend $10 to get a frosty pint, a growler glass, and a growler of Universale Pale Ale or Interurban IPA from Fremont Brewing, a $19 value.