News blog for Seattle's Fremont neighborhood

Out goes Kiwi, in comes Lucky’s Pho

By master · March 1st, 2009 · 8 Comments

Just a few months after opening in Sonic Boom’s old spot on Fremont Ave., the frozen yogurt place Kiwi has become a noodle place called Lucky’s Pho.

It will be opening “soon,” according to a sign in the window. “I will be elated to cure my Saturday hangovers with a bowl of veggie pho right in my own neighborhood,” writes Fremont Universe reader Brandi on her blog. (Thanks for the tip Brandi, Jeff and Michael!)

8 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jeff // Mar 1, 2009 at 10:48 pm

It appears to be a rebranding, based on the sign saying a “reopening” as well as the continued existence of the frozen yogurt.

• 2 randi // Mar 2, 2009 at 3:28 am

whaaatt……..I work in fremont for 3 years praying for pho and when I am gone one arrives..what the h

• 3 Moonbilly // Mar 2, 2009 at 1:29 pm

Tell your Ma
    Tell your PA
    Happy days
    Eatin Pho

• 4 Tiktok // Mar 4, 2009 at 7:05 am

As I recall, it was going to be a smoothie place, then it changed into a different smoothie/yogurt place a month after “opening”, and now it's a…Pho place?

• 5 Alex // Mar 6, 2009 at 1:40 am

If it is price and quality comparable to what is in the U-district, I'll definitely be giving them some business. Otherwise, I won't be.

• 6 Roxanne // Mar 8, 2009 at 10:20 am

That explains it… I walked past Lucky's Pho the other day, couldn't remember seeing it before, and assumed it was just me not paying attention. Now, I realize that's because I always ignored Kiwi, but pho catches one's eye.

• 7 seattlegirl // Mar 11, 2009 at 6:45 am

Ya.. Lucky's Pho is owned by the same owner as Kiwi and Mooberry in Ballard. It get's pretty packed during Lunch time, line's out to the door! Great Pho !! People seem to be coming back for more, I know that I do! it's a great place to have Pho since Fremont doesn't have any! 😀

• 8 SPG // Mar 12, 2009 at 2:26 am

At this rate of change they will still be doing all this and be a car wash in a year.